Aims and Objectives
- Improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural welfare of Lampeter and the vicinity.
- Contribute constructively to re-imagining and co-creating the Wales of the future.
- Strengthening the economic infrastructure of the town and its surrounding area, creating brand new jobs in the food and hospitality sectors specifically.
- Developing Lampeter as a destination for visitors and, through that, support a tourism offer of international quality in Ceredigion.
- Aligning the provision of skills and learning experiences with the economic needs of local businesses.
- Improving the quality and variety of job opportunities so that local talent can be kept in the area in addition to attracting families back to Ceredigion to work.
- Fostering more enterprising attitudes among the area’s business owners and encourage them to adopt new ways of thinking.
- Increasing the number of further and higher education students in the region.
- Establishing Lampeter as a major centre for the promotion of healthy and sustainable communities within a rural context.
- Establishing local/county networks in the Centre’s name that would promote collaboration and co-participation in the fields of food, rural tourism and enterprise.
- Establishing ‘food’ as a brand for the future development of Lampeter town.
- Investing in a community facility for the promotion, understanding and development of skills in relation to local food in Lampeter town centre.
- Empowering the local community to take ownership of the vision and contribute to its development over a period of time.
- Increasing the number of visitors to the town throughout the year.
- Raising awareness within the community and beyond of the impact of climate change.
- Providing a variety of courses in the field of sustainability with a focus on more resilient, harmonious and sustainable ways of living and working.
- Expanding opportunities in the field of sustainable tourism.
- Working with local schools and colleges to raise pupils’ and students’ awareness of a range of relevant issues relating to sustainability and community regeneration.
- Supporting local initiatives that support the Welsh Government’s intentions to realise the aims of the Well-being of Future Generations Act.
- Supporting the Welsh language as a community language where it has an opportunity to develop and thrive.
- Celebrating the rural Welsh way of living, its heritage and culture.